These links are being provided as a convenience and for informational purposes only; they do not constitute an endorsement or an approval by Flutterby Hope of any of the products, services or opinions of the corporation or organization or individual. Flutterby Hope bears no responsibility for the accuracy, legality or content of the external site or for that of subsequent links. Contact the external site for answers to questions regarding its content.
Disclaimer for External Links
Terms & Conditions for Sales
All items in my shop are handmade. Flutterby Hope takes a great deal of care to ensure consistency among products, but some variation cannot be helped.
If you are unsatisfied with your order please contact me immediately and I will do remedy the situation as best I can.
Returns are accepted, please contact me at Andrea@FlutterbyHope.com to discuss returning an item.
Last updated: February 19, 2021
I. Interpretation and Definitions
The words of which the initial letter is capitalized have meanings defined under the following conditions. The following definitions shall have the same meaning regardless of whether they appear in singular or in plural.
- Account means a unique account created for You to access our Service or parts of our Service.
- Company (referred to as either “the Company”, “We”, “Us” or “Our” in this Agreement) refers to Flutterby Hope.
- Cookies are small files that are placed on Your computer, mobile device or any other device by a website, containing the details of Your browsing history on that website among its many uses.
- Country refers to: United States
- Device means any device that can access the Service such as a computer, a cellphone or a digital tablet.
- Personal Data is any information that relates to an identified or identifiable individual.
- Service refers to the Website.
- Service Provider means any natural or legal person who processes the data on behalf of the Company. It refers to third-party companies or individuals employed by the Company to facilitate the Service, to provide the Service on behalf of the Company, to perform services related to the Service or to assist the Company in analyzing how the Service is used.
- Usage Data refers to data collected automatically, either generated by the use of the Service or from the Service infrastructure itself (for example, the duration of a page visit).
- Website refers to Flutterby Hope, accessible from https://flutterbyhope.com/
- You means the individual accessing or using the Service, or the company, or other legal entity on behalf of which such individual is accessing or using the Service, as applicable.
II. Collecting and Using Your Personal Data
A. Types of Data Collected
1. Personal Data
While using Our Service, We may ask You to provide Us with certain personally identifiable information that can be used to contact or identify You. Personally identifiable information may include, but is not limited to:
- Email address
- First name and last name
- Phone number
- Address, State, Province, ZIP/Postal code, City
- Usage Data
2. Usage Data
Usage Data is collected automatically when using the Service.
Usage Data may include information such as Your Device’s Internet Protocol address (e.g. IP address), browser type, browser version, the pages of our Service that You visit, the time and date of Your visit, the time spent on those pages, unique device identifiers and other diagnostic data.
When You access the Service by or through a mobile device, We may collect certain information automatically, including, but not limited to, the type of mobile device You use, Your mobile device unique ID, the IP address of Your mobile device, Your mobile operating system, the type of mobile Internet browser You use, unique device identifiers and other diagnostic data.
We may also collect information that Your browser sends whenever You visit our Service or when You access the Service by or through a mobile device.
3. Tracking Technologies and Cookies
- Flash Cookies. Certain features of our Service may use local stored objects (or Flash Cookies) to collect and store information about Your preferences or Your activity on our Service. Flash Cookies are not managed by the same browser settings as those used for Browser Cookies. For more information on how You can delete Flash Cookies, please read “Where can I change the settings for disabling, or deleting local shared objects?” available at https://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/kb/disable-local-shared-objects-flash.html#main_Where_can_I_change_the_settings_for_disabling__or_deleting_local_shared_objects_
- Web Beacons. Certain sections of our Service and our emails may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs, pixel tags, and single-pixel gifs) that permit the Company, for example, to count users who have visited those pages or opened an email and for other related website statistics (for example, recording the popularity of a certain section and verifying system and server integrity).
Cookies can be “Persistent” or “Session” Cookies. Persistent Cookies remain on Your personal computer or mobile device when You go offline, while Session Cookies are deleted as soon as You close Your web browser. Learn more about cookies: What Are Cookies?.
We use both Session and Persistent Cookies for the purposes set out below:
- Necessary / Essential Cookies
Type: Session Cookies
Administered by: Us
Purpose: These Cookies are essential to provide You with services available through the Website and to enable You to use some of its features. They help to authenticate users and prevent fraudulent use of user accounts. Without these Cookies, the services that You have asked for cannot be provided, and We only use these Cookies to provide You with those services.
- Cookies Policy / Notice Acceptance Cookies
Type: Persistent Cookies
Administered by: Us
- Functionality Cookies
Type: Persistent Cookies
Administered by: Us
Purpose: These Cookies allow us to remember choices You make when You use the Website, such as remembering your login details or language preference. The purpose of these Cookies is to provide You with a more personal experience and to avoid You having to re-enter your preferences every time You use the Website.
B. Use of Your Personal Data
The Company may use Personal Data for the following purposes:
- To provide and maintain our Service, including to monitor the usage of our Service.
- To manage Your Account: to manage Your registration as a user of the Service. The Personal Data You provide can give You access to different functionalities of the Service that are available to You as a registered user.
- For the performance of a contract: the development, compliance and undertaking of the purchase contract for the products, items or services You have purchased or of any other contract with Us through the Service.
- To contact You: To contact You by email, telephone calls, SMS, or other equivalent forms of electronic communication, such as a mobile application’s push notifications regarding updates or informative communications related to the functionalities, products or contracted services, including the security updates, when necessary or reasonable for their implementation.
- To provide You with news, special offers and general information about other goods, services and events which we offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about unless You have opted not to receive such information.
- To manage Your requests: To attend and manage Your requests to Us.
- For business transfers: We may use Your information to evaluate or conduct a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of Our assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which Personal Data held by Us about our Service users is among the assets transferred.
- For other purposes: We may use Your information for other purposes, such as data analysis, identifying usage trends, determining the effectiveness of our promotional campaigns and to evaluate and improve our Service, products, services, marketing and your experience.
We may share Your personal information in the following situations:
- With Service Providers: We may share Your personal information with Service Providers to monitor and analyze the use of our Service, to contact You.
- For business transfers: We may share or transfer Your personal information in connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of Company assets, financing, or acquisition of all or a portion of Our business to another company.
- With business partners: We may share Your information with Our business partners to offer You certain products, services or promotions.
- With other users: when You share personal information or otherwise interact in the public areas with other users, such information may be viewed by all users and may be publicly distributed outside.
- With Your consent: We may disclose Your personal information for any other purpose with Your consent.
C. Retention of Your Personal Data
The Company will also retain Usage Data for internal analysis purposes. Usage Data is generally retained for a shorter period of time, except when this data is used to strengthen the security or to improve the functionality of Our Service, or We are legally obligated to retain this data for longer time periods.
D. Transfer of Your Personal Data
Your information, including Personal Data, is processed at the Company’s operating offices and in any other places where the parties involved in the processing are located. It means that this information may be transferred to — and maintained on — computers located outside of Your state, province, country or other governmental jurisdiction where the data protection laws may differ than those from Your jurisdiction.
E. Disclosure of Your Personal Data
a. Business Transactions
b. Law enforcement
Under certain circumstances, the Company may be required to disclose Your Personal Data if required to do so by law or in response to valid requests by public authorities (e.g. a court or a government agency).
c. Other legal requirements
The Company may disclose Your Personal Data in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to:
- Comply with a legal obligation
- Protect and defend the rights or property of the Company
- Prevent or investigate possible wrongdoing in connection with the Service
- Protect the personal safety of Users of the Service or the public
- Protect against legal liability
F. Security of Your Personal Data
The security of Your Personal Data is important to Us, but remember that no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage is 100% secure. While We strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect Your Personal Data, We cannot guarantee its absolute security.
III. Compliance with Data Transfer Rules
a. Standard Contractual Clauses
As appliable, We utilize the Standard Contractual Clauses, which are contract terms developed and approved by the European Commission as ensuring adequate protection for data subjects when transferring personal data from the European Economic Area, the United Kingdom (“UK”), or Switzerland to the United States and other countries. The Standard Contractual Clauses are generally referenced within a Data Processing Agreement entered between Us and the applicable parties.
b. Your California Privacy Rights
Consumers residing in California are afforded certain additional rights with respect to their personal information under the California Consumer Privacy Act or (“CCPA”) (California Civil Code Section 1798.100 et seq.). If you are a California resident, these terms and conditions apply to you.
(i) California Consumer Privacy Act
We provide the following additional disclosures related to the collection, use, and disclosure of personal information under the CCPA:
- Categories of Personal Information Collected. In the preceding 12 months, we have collected the categories of personal information listed below.
- Identifiers such as your first name, last name, email address, IP address, unique device identifiers or other online identifier;
- Commercial information such as your payment method and related information if you make a purchase;
- Internet or other electronic network activity information, including connection information such as the name of your mobile operator or ISP, browser type, language and time zone, mobile phone number and IP address;
- Interaction with our software or apps such as usage data, type and version of operating system, hardware version, device settings, software types, battery and signal strength, screen resolution, device manufacturer and model, language, and Internet browser type and version;
- Audio, electronic, visual, or similar information, such as photos that you upload to your account or otherwise provide to us;
- Professional or employment-related information;
- Other information that relates to or is capable of being associated with you, including categories we may associate with you, based on the information we or our partners collect, so that we may contact you with messaging that we think will interest you.
- Categories of Personal Information Disclosed. In the preceding 12 months, we have disclosed the following categories of personal information for business or commercial purposes: identifiers, commercial information, biometric information, Internet or other electronic network information, and geolocation data.
- Sale of Personal Information. We do not, and will not, sell the personal information of our users. We have not sold the personal information of our users for business or commercial purposes in the preceding 12 months.
(ii) Your Consumer Rights
California consumers have the right to request access to the specific pieces of personal information we have collected about them in the last 12 months. You may also request additional details about our information practices, including the categories of personal information we have collected about you, the categories of sources of such collection, the business or commercial purpose for collecting personal information, the categories of third parties with whom we share your personal information, and the categories of personal information we have disclosed about you in the preceding 12 months. If you are a California consumer, you also have the right to (i) request deletion of your personal information (subject to certain exceptions), (ii) opt out of sales of personal information, and (iii) receive equal service and price and not be discriminated against even if you exercise any of your other CCPA rights.
California consumers may make requests by following these instructions:
- You may email your request to email@example.com. In the subject line of your email, please write “CCPA Rights Request.”
Note that in order to fulfill your request, we may need you to provide certain information to verify your identity. You can also designate an authorized agent to exercise these rights on your behalf. We will not discriminate against you if you choose to exercise your rights under the CCPA.
IV. Children’s Privacy
Our Service does not address anyone under the age of 13. We do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from anyone under the age of 13. If You are a parent or guardian and You are aware that Your child has provided Us with Personal Data, please contact Us. If We become aware that We have collected Personal Data from anyone under the age of 13 without verification of parental consent, We take steps to remove that information from Our servers.
If We need to rely on consent as a legal basis for processing Your information and Your country requires consent from a parent, We may require Your parent’s consent before We collect and use that information.
V. Links to Other Websites
We have no control over and assume no responsibility for the content, privacy policies or practices of any third party sites or services.
VII. Contact Us
- By email: firstname.lastname@example.org